Wondering what’s the average commute to work? The answer might surprise you. Brightline did the research and crunched the numbers for you. Check out the infographic below. What would you do with the time you get back from commuting? Share your travel freedom dreams with us on Facebook.
Staycation Series: From West Palm Beach to Fort Lauderdale to Miami
May 7, 2018
It’s time to take a breath, relax and treat yourself to a staycation. After all, over 100 million tourists flock to Florida each year. Why not create your very own staycation in the Sunshine State?
We recommend exploring West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale or Miami. It’s approximately a quick one-hour trip on a Brightline train. Whether you can go away for the weekend or a whole week, we’ve put together some staycation guides for you.
Make your next family vacation a staycation. Trust us—you won’t miss the stress of road trip traffic or airport security lines.
West Palm Beach:
- Take the kids to the Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society and take plenty of selfies with the animals
- Free admission and an educational angle makes Manatee Lagoon a must-visit
- Try Sloan’s Ice Cream, rated the best ice cream by Palm Beach Post readers
- See exotic plants and animals—alligators, panthers, flamingos, oh my!—at Flamingo Gardens
- Catch a show at the Fort Lauderdale Children’s Theatre
- Pick up a new skill at Hang Loose Surf School
- The Miami Children’s Museum is perfect little kids
- Check out a laser show and explore the Frost Science Museum
- Grab a bite to eat at the retro Big Pink in South Beach
Adventure is out there
With Brightline’s frequent trains taking you across South Florida, exploring your own backyard just got easier. Get your adrenaline rush and explore new places.
West Palm Beach:
- Rent paddleboards and kayaks at the Singer Island Outdoor Center
- Go scuba diving and meet turtles and fish at the Jupiter Dive Center
- Sample beers (and kombucha!) at the Sons & Daughters Farm and Winery
- Try something new and take a Segway tour of Fort Lauderdale
- Catch some views—and drink some beers—with Cycle Party, a party bike
- Check out the one-of-a-kind mermaid show at Wreck Bar
- Rent a Citi Bike and ride around Miami Beach
- Wander the paths at Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
- Give your taste buds an adventure at the ever-whimsical Barton G.
Make your staycation a true escape.
West Palm Beach:
- Treat yourself to a massage, a facial and (not or!) a pedicure at The Spa at The Breakers
- Hit the Palm Beach Outlets and revamp your wardrobe
- Luxuriate in the mineral pools at Waters of the World
- Shop at The Galleria via water taxi (yes, really!)
- Sip on a house-pressed juice from Myapapaya Juicery
- Go all out with a champagne and caviar facial at Village Spa & Beauty Bar
- Try the “Lapis Ritual Water Journey” at the Fountainebleu’s spa, Lapis
- Say “namaste” at Bayfront Park’s free yoga classes
- Sip on a cocktail at Area 31’s rooftop bar
Have you embarked on your staycation from West Palm Beach to Miami yet? Share your story on our Facebook page!
On To The Next Stop...
The best travel Instagrams will brighten up your day—and make you want to pack your bags. Cure your wanderlust and follow some of our favorite travel influencers located in Florida, the U.S. and all over the world.