Brightline Offers Travelers a Stress-Free South Florida Commute
August 16, 2017
Relax. Recharge. Refresh. Ride.
Driving is anything but a relaxing experience for residents and visitors of South Florida. The commute from Miami to Fort Lauderdale typically takes an hour minimum during high traffic times, with an additional hour required to journey to West Palm Beach. The thought of braving I-95 often keeps even the most confident and calm of drivers from making plans to experience the endless offerings of our tri-county community—home to incredible dining, culture, history, nature, outdoor activities and opportunities for exploration.
Designed for ultimate comfort and packed with plenty of convenient features, Brightline is unlike any other train of its kind. Not only will it connect South Florida travelers to Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach in record time when it launches later this year, but it will provide guests with the chance to relax, recharge and refresh during their journey. With worry-free, frequent, reliable and on-time departures, guests can rid themselves of the typical travel stressors and enjoy a bounty of benefits available on Brightline, including the five below:
- Relax and Recharge – Free from traffic lights, road closures, construction and crazy drivers, Brightline guests will be able to sit back and relax during their commute for a seamless and stress-free travel experience. For many guests, traveling on Brightline will serve as an ideal time to read, watch a movie, listen to music, or catch up on “Words with Friends.”
- Remain Connected – With free Wi-Fi, convenient power outlets and pop-up style table units at their fingertips, guests will never have to worry about keeping their phones, laptops and other electronic devices fully charged. Business commuters wishing to crank out emails or get some work accomplished can do so in a comfortable and quiet setting, letting them begin or end their day on a productive and positive note.
- Clear the Mind – With driving out of the picture, guests can take advantage of travel as a time to focus on rest instead of the road. Every seat (in both Smart and Select coaches) is large and comfortable, designed with the ability to recline for optimal relaxation. In a world where busyness and stress are far more common than relaxation and rest, riders will love the ability to close the eyes, clear the mind and even drift off if they wish. Brightline’s Cummins diesel-electric engines are known for being extremely quiet, providing the perfect environment for peace and rest.
- Stay Healthy – Traveling by train brings with it the benefits of being more physically active than those who travel by car. Business professionals who find themselves riding Brightline to and from work can add in a stroll or bike ride to the station into their morning routine. With special bike racks available on every train, guests can begin their day with light exercise and a healthy boost of energy.
- Satisfy Hunger – Whether looking for a quick pre-work breakfast, mid-day snack, evening glass of wine, or post-work beer, Brightline guests will have satisfying options to curb their appetite. Friendly attendants will deliver food and drink purchases directly to guests’ seats to enjoy during their ride. While the food on board Brightline will be undeniably delicious, those heading to Miami should be sure and save room for a meal at one of MiamiCentral’s premier restaurants like Monger, the Voltaggio Brothers’ first Florida eatery, to debut at Central Fare.